5:30pm Warm-Ups Home Team
6:00pm Warm-Ups Visiting Team
6:30pm Meet Start Time
6/6/2023 Buccaneer Villa SC @ GACC
6/13/2023 GACC @ Sunrise CC
6/20/2023 GACC @ Riverside CC
6/27/2023 GACC @ Lakeside CC
7/11/2023 Terrytown CC @ GACC
Gabby is a USA Swimming certified coach and former coach for the GACC swim team for summer 2022. Additionally, she worked as a coach for the South Louisiana Swim Team for three years and as a swim lesson instructor for Safe Swim. Swimming has always been a huge part of Gabby’s life. She has swum competitively for both SLST since age nine and for Mount Carmel Swim Team during high school. (Fun fact: Gabby’s favorite stroke is breaststroke!) When she is not coaching, she is a student at Louisiana State University who is majoring in Pre-Med Psychology.
Alex is a USA Swimming certified coach who has three years of experience coaching and teaching swim lessons at South Louisiana Swim Team, resulting in 1,000 hours of experience between the two. She also has nine years of experience as a competitive swimmer, so she knows how to make being a part of the swim team enjoyable while also teaching important skills in the water.
Levels - Beginner to Advanced (classes grouped based on ability)
Description- These small group classes (3-5 swimmers) are devoted to teaching your child how to swim based on their abilities, experience, and personality. Depending on skill level, your child will learn basic to advanced skills, including bubbles, independent kicking, what to do if they fall in the water alone, jumping to the instructor, pushing off of the wall independently, floating on stomach and back, independent breathing, freestyle technique, backstroke technique, breaststroke technique, butterfly technique, endurance, diving, and joy for swimming and the water.
Swim Lessons Information: Summer 2023
Description- We offer both private and group lessons.
- Lessons are 30 minutes in length.
- Students of all skill levels ages 1 1/2 and up are welcome(including adults and skilled swimmers). No prior swim experience is necessary.
Instructors: Gabby Carter and Alex Carter
- Swim lesson instructors create a safe, fun environment for students and teach students swim skills that are tailored specifically to their needs. Instructors are skilled, kind, patient, and productive!
- All students will finish classes with life-saving skills.
- For detailed information, please read the “GACC Swim Lessons Info Sheet” below
If you would like to sign up for swim lessons, please fill out the interest form, and an instructor will reach out to you!