Head Coach Steve Romero
A USA Swimming certified official, Steve has been officiating for over 10 years. He has been the head coach for the Haynes Academy Swim Team for the past 5 years. Having been involved with swimming for many years, he continues to serve the swimming community through USA swimming.
Assistant Coach Gabby Carter
Gabby is a USA Swimming certified coach utilizing her skills for the past two years for the South Louisiana Swim Team(SLST) and last summer for Safe Swim(teaching swim lessons). Swimming has always been a huge part of Gabby’s life having swum competitively for SLST since age nine and Mount Carmel Academy(MCA) Swim Team through high school.(Fun fact: Gabby’s favorite stroke is breaststroke!) Outside the water, her hard work is exemplified as a member of the National Honors Society. She will be graduating from MCA in May 2022 and is planning to attend LSU in the fall.
Levels - Beginner to Advanced (classes grouped based on ability)
Description- These small group classes (3-5 swimmers) are devoted to teaching your child how to swim based on their abilities, experience, and personality. Depending on skill level, your child will learn basic to advanced skills, including bubbles, independent kicking, what to do if they fall in the water alone, jumping to the instructor, pushing off of the wall independently, floating on stomach and back, independent breathing, freestyle technique, backstroke technique, breaststroke technique, butterfly technique, endurance, diving, and joy for swimming and the water.
Swim Lessons Information: Summer 2022
Description- We offer both private and group lessons.
- Lessons are 30 minutes in length.
- Students of all skill levels ages 1 1/2 and up are welcome(including adults and skilled swimmers). No prior swim experience is necessary.
Instructors: Gabby Carter and Alex Carter
- Swim lesson instructors create a safe, fun environment for students and teach students swim skills that are tailored specifically to their needs. Instructors are skilled, kind, patient, and productive!
- All students will finish classes with life-saving skills.
- For detailed information, please read the “GACC Swim Lessons Info Sheet” https://forms.gle/XuFK6GmKs8HnwBdy9
If you would like to sign up for swim lessons, please fill out the interest form, and an instructor will reach out to you!